So to get the ball rolling here are my current big questions:
- How can a Christian devotional life relate to Christian social concern?
- How can we lead people into a full on, captivated by Jesus, discipleship which lasts a lifetime?
- Is is true to say that humans are basically motivated by incentives?
I feel like I should explain myself a bit... ...I have just finished a theology degree in which I focused primarily on Christianity and the relation of theology to society, I have loved every minute of my degree and it has made me even more hungry to explore the massive depth and breadth of truth available in Christ. I also have a few really practical reasons for wanting to do so, firstly I'm a Christian trying to live a life in Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit, I love the streets that I live in and the people I come into contact with and I feel God's heartbeat for them. Secondly, I work for a Christian youth charity administrating an awesome project called Eden which involves lots of thought and activity helping our teams to live incarnational Christianity and deliver a top quality youth service at the same time. Thirdly I seem to have got myself into some really interesting research forums namely the William Temple Foundation and Manchester Centre for Public Theology. My contact with both of these is a really amazing and mind stretching experience and again pushes me to the limits of my own understanding and encourages me to strain to see beyond the horizon.
All of these influences, along with a few others, encourage me to think broadly but most of all I seem to come back again and again to a desire to explore God in all of his multi-faceted wisdom in a one on one devotional life which somehow encompasses the whole of the created world with all of its issues and needs. So you can see I need a bit of help to sort it all out!
2 comments:
Welcome to the world of Blogging Anna! - I look forward to hearing your thoughts and inspirations from the word of God and how it applies to our daily lives!! - Blessings, Gavin
Hi Anna, looking forward to reading your blog. If you haven't already I'd encourage you to read Helmut Thielicke's "A Little Excercise for Young Theologians" it helped me when I finshed Bible College some 16 years ago. I still read it now even though I am less young than I was then!
Post a Comment